General statement on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and its branches and subsidiaries (collectively referred to hereinafter as "AIB") are firmly committed to participating in international efforts to combat money laundering and the funding of terrorist and criminal activities.
AIB has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Ireland is a member country of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the European Union (EU) and has enacted laws and guidelines to implement the anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) policies of both FATF & the EU.
AIB implements an AML and CTF program that includes the following principles in all the jurisdictions in which AIB operates:
- written policies and procedures
- the appointment of a designated Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”)
- establishing the purpose of business relationships
- completing appropriate customer due diligence (“CDD”) measures on customers and beneficial owners
- undertaking ongoing monitoring of customer relationships
- applying enhanced due diligence measures in relation to customers presenting a higher risk, including politically exposed persons (“PEPs”)
- reporting to the relevant authority where there are reasonable grounds to suspect that a money laundering or terrorist financing offence has been, or is being, committed and co-operate with the authority
- retention of relevant records
- regular staff training
- prohibition on anonymous accounts and conducting business with 'shell' banks (as defined within the FATF 40 recommendations)
General statement on Sanctions
AIB’s sanctions policy and procedures are designed to ensure that AIB complies with all applicable sanctions laws in the jurisdictions in which it operates.
All employees receive training on AIB’s sanctions policy, with more detailed training provided to those whose roles involve heightened sanctions risk.
Adherence to the requirements of AIB’s AML and CTF policy, and sanctions policy is subject to independent oversight internally and externally by relevant parties (compliance / audit / regulators).
Terms and Conditions
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both you and AIB. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. By proceeding further you will be deemed to have accepted them. Please note that references to "we" or “AIB” means Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and our subsidiaries and associates
1. This Site is established in Ireland in accordance with and subject to the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site (including these terms and conditions), will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the Site and any of the information on it, you agree that the Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
2. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. The information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
3. The information and the products and services on this Site are subject to specific terms and conditions, important legal notices, warnings and restrictions, such as restrictions concerning the persons to whom they may be made available. Details of specific terms and conditions, important legal notices, warnings and restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate. You should read those details carefully before proceeding as they are important.
4. The information contained in this Site is for information purposes only and is not an invitation or offer to invest in any securities or other financial instruments of AIB or any other company or an invitation or offer to buy or sell any other products or services or otherwise deal in any of these or enter into a contract with AIB or any third party. The information provided does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation or arrangement by AIB and should not be relied upon by you in connection with any investment or other decision. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on this Site, we recommend that you consult a qualified professional adviser.
5. While we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the Site is accurate at the time of inclusion we do not make any warranties, undertakings or representations as to the completeness, accuracy or reliability, availability, performance or functionality of this Site or any of its contents. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site and we exclude all warranties, undertakings and representations (either express or implied) to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
6. The information in this Site may be updated or altered at any time without notification and may at times be out of date. All of the contents of this Site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by AIB without notice. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this Site up to date or liability for any failure to do so. AIB may change the technical specifications of this Site or any portion thereof or suspend the availability or change the system resource applicable to your use of this Site or any portion thereof.
7. Access to and use of this Site is at the user’s own risk and we do not represent or warrant that the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans or worms.
8. AIB shall not be liable to you or to any person claiming through you for any loss or damages of any nature suffered including but not limited to loss of business revenues or anticipated savings, loss of profits, goodwill or any type of financial, punitive or exemplary, indirect or direct, consequential, special or similar loss or damages howsoever arising whether in contract, tort or otherwise and incurred and arising as a result of use of or inability to use this Site, including without limitation, as a result of:-
any inaccuracy, incompleteness or any delay, interruption, error or omission in the delivery of any contents of this Site;
any decision made or action taken in reliance on any contents of this Site;
the loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use, performance or functionality of this Site or any it's contents; and/or
internet communications in connection with the use of this Site, any file or program available for download or execution from or via this Site and any content or websites linked from this Site.
Nothing in these terms and conditions attempt to exclude liability which is not permissible under applicable law, including for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. You may not use this Site to engage in activities which infringe the intellectual property or other rights of AIB and/or its licensors or in such a way so to compromise the privacy of others, to impersonate another person or for purposes which are immoral, illegal or destroy the integrity of any data or other computer based information or which would violate local, state or national laws of any country.
10. Save where otherwise appearing, the intellectual property rights and all other rights relating to the content (including without limitation, information, graphics, software, text, sounds, images, trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos) of this Site belong to AIB. The intellectual property rights and all other rights relating to content which is supplied in this Site under licence to AIB belongs to the relevant licensors. AIB and its licensors retain all right, title, interest and intellectual property rights in the content of this Site. Use of the content of this Site is restricted to personal use by you. You are granted a limited licence solely for your own personal, non-commercial use to download software from this Site and you are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt any software. Any storing, reprocessing, reutilising, reproduction, distribution, dissemination or transmission of all or part of the content of this Site is prohibited except where expressly permitted by AIB either on its own behalf or on behalf of its licensors. AIB is entitled to notify its licensors of your use of this Site and, in the event of any breach by you of their rights and you are notified of their right to take appropriate action.
11. Messages sent by e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered or corrupted. We are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of messages sent or received by e-mail over the internet in connection with this Site. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
12. This Site contain hypertext links to:
associated web sites maintained by AIB and you are warned that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites; and
web sites not maintained by AIB and you are warned that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. AIB will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such third party web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
13. No third party is permitted to link any other web site to this Site without obtaining our prior written consent.
14. Copyright in the Site and the information set out on it belongs to AIB and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without AIB’s prior consent.
Main copyright notices : Save where otherwise specified the contents of all the pages contained in this Site are © Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. 1995. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following express permissions. You may make an electronically stored, transient copy of these pages of this Site for the exclusive purpose of personal on-line viewing.
Assertion of moral rights : Save where otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic works contained in this Site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of those works. Their identities are set out in the pages of the Site containing their works.
Prohibition against copying AIB Art Pages : The licences granted in relation to this Site DO NOT APPLY to the contents of the AIB Art Pages except as specified in (i) above. ALL reproduction of AIB Art Pages is prohibited, including printing and downloading.
Limited licence to copy to paper hard disk or diskette for personal use : You may print or download to disk the contents of the pages of this Site (other than those excepted from this licence under clause (iii) above) for personal reference and provided that all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices are left intact and that you may only make one copy thereof.
General exclusions from licence : The limited licence to copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of this Site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. No part of this Site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system.
AIB has a growing presence across a range of social media networks and has developed a number of official profiles (“AIB Social Media Channels”). These Terms apply to your use of all AIB Social Media Channels. We may change these Terms from time to time so be sure to check for changes each time you visit an AIB Social Media Channel.
AIB Social Media Channels are provided for residents of Ireland and designed for use in Ireland unless clearly and expressly stated otherwise.
- AIB and Social Media Networks
The terms and conditions and policies published by social media networks apply to your use of AIB Social Media Channels and it is important that you comply with such terms and conditions as well as these Terms when using AIB Social Media Channels and participating in AIB social networks and communities.
AIB’s presence on social media networks does not mean that we are endorsing any third party’s products or services. Without limitation, no endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, content, products or services is expressed or implied by the display of information or advertisements by social media networks alongside our pages and we have no control over the content of third party advertisements.
If you cannot access a social media network, it is up to the network to fix the problem and AIB is not legally responsible for any inconvenience or loss resulting.
- Your Privacy
AIB Social Media Channels are public and anyone can see any posts and comments that you may make. These may also appear in search engine results.
Protect your privacy and confidential information. Under no circumstances should you provide any bank account details or other sensitive personal or financial information nor should you include anyone else’s identification or sensitive personal or financial information in any content you post on AIB Social Media Channels.
- AIB Content
AIB does not offer or provide financial, investment, legal, tax or other specialist advice through AIB Social Media Channels. You are solely responsible for evaluating the relevance, accuracy and completeness of all information on AIB Social Media Channels.
Information on AIB Social Media Channels may be updated or altered at any time without notification and may at times be out of date.
AIB may provide links or references to other websites for the convenience of users. However, AIB claims no responsibility for the content of such other websites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content.
AIB is happy for you to share content that we post to AIB Social Media Channels provided that you do not commercially exploit the content, alter or modify it in any way and that you cite the source. The intellectual property rights and all other rights relating to content (including without limitation, information, graphics, software, text, sounds, images, trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos) posted by AIB on AIB Social Media Channels belong to AIB save for the intellectual property rights and all other rights relating to (i) content which is supplied under licence to AIB and which belongs to the relevant licensors and (ii) any content in relation to which such rights vest in the social media networks. Content on AIB Social Media Channels is copyright Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. unless otherwise stated and all of our rights our reserved.
You are prohibited from trying to gain access to administer areas, features or functions of AIB Social Media Channels without authorisation.
There are some occasions where we might change or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, all or part of an AIB Social Media Channel usually for the reason that we are constantly working to improve our online communities and make them as beneficial as possible. We reserve the right to do so without notice and without liability to you.
- Your Content
You are fully responsible for the content that you post on AIB Social Media Channels. You must keep all comments relevant.
If you have an idea you wish to share or if you would like to provide feedback, please feel free to do so but please note before you do that we reserve the right to use all ideas and feedback without any obligation to compensate you. By posting comments on AIB Social Media Channels you agree to allow the content to be re-used or quoted by AIB without further notification to you.
AIB does not claim ownership to content (including without limitation, information, graphics, software, text, sounds, images, trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos) you submit or make available on AIB Social Media Channels however you grant AIB a perpetual, royalty free and irrevocable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, sublicense and to transfer and sell such content in any format whatsoever and to use the identifying information you provide in connection with the content.
You agree not to upload, post, mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content or material (including any links thereto) which:-
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory/libellous/ slanderous, vulgar, obscene, false or inaccurate, an invasion of another’s privacy, or which is otherwise objectionable;
- harms or exploits minors in any way;
- impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
- amends, alters or defaces any content on AIB Social Media Channels;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; You agree that you shall not delete or alter any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels or falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in any file that is uploaded;
- contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt or damage another’s computer;
- violates the legal rights of others or violates any applicable national or international law; or
- you do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as a part of employment relationships or under obligations of confidentiality).
You shall not use any AIB Social Media Channel to stalk or otherwise harass another or to collect or store data about other users. AIB reserves the right to block any users that do not adhere to these Terms.
Notwithstanding the above restrictions on content acceptable to AIB, you understand that you may still be exposed to content that you consider offensive or objectionable and that you use AIB Social Media Channels at your own risk. AIB is not liable for any content provided by users of AIB Social Media Channels.
You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any content that you post on any AIB Social Media Channel at your sole cost and expense.
- AIB’s Moderation Policy
Although AIB has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the content posted on any AIB Social Media Channel, AIB reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, edit, refuse or remove without notice any content posted on any AIB Social Media Channel.
- Promotions on AIB Social Media Channels
Free Prize Draws and Competitions: AIB may run free prize draws and competitions or other promotions of a similar nature from time to time (“Promotions”) on AIB Social Media Channels. Such Promotions will in no way be sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the social media networks unless clearly and expressly stated to the contrary. The terms of entry, eligibility requirements, prizes, entry dates and relevant instructions specified by AIB shall apply as relevant to each Promotion. The following general terms and conditions will always apply:-
- AIB staff, their immediate families and their agents and any other person connected with a Promotion are not entitled to participate.
- AIB's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All prizes are subject to availability and confirmation and are non-transferable.
- AIB shall not accept responsibility for defective goods or services won as prizes and any complaints must be referred to the relevant supplier.
- AIB reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate any Promotion or alter the specification of a Promotion without prior notice.
AIB will not be liable to any person for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a Promotion or, for example, any failure or inability of any person to use, for example, a promotional code for any reason.
Discounts and Offers: All discounts and offers provided by third party suppliers on AIB Social Media Channels are subject to both the terms and conditions specified by AIB and to all instructions, rules and terms and conditions specified by relevant suppliers on their websites or elsewhere. AIB makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information relating to such discounts and offers is accurate and not misleading but we do not make any warranties or give any undertakings or representations as to completeness, accuracy, reliability, availability and performance in relation to third party discounts and offers. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to such discounts and offers.
Access to each AIB Social Media Channel is at your own risk and AIB:-
(a) does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product or service claims made,
(b) is not responsible for any user content, and
(c) does not endorse any view and opinions expressed on AIB Social Media Channels.
We neither accept nor assume any responsibility and shall have no liability to you in relation to your use of AIB Social Media Channels. We exclude all warranties, undertakings and representations (either expressed or implied) to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
You agree to indemnify us against any loss, damage or expense suffered or incurred by us arising from any infringement by you of AIB terms and conditions including these AIB Social Media Terms and/or the terms and conditions of any social media network provider.
These AIB Social Media Terms are governed by the laws of Ireland . If any claim or dispute arises between you and us, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Please note that references to "we" or 'AIB' means Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and our subsidiaries and associates.